Monday 4 April 2011

Sometimes, God does things just because He loves you!

I was at the prayer event in the basement last Tuesday night and I can honestly say, I have never been in a company of believers who were so intent on seeking God for what He wants.

It was a time of inspiration and intercession, a time of leaping into the heavenly places and grabbing onto the hem of the garment.

It was a time of the 'Re'- Release, Restoration, Renewal and Renovation.
God loves making all things new. He even said so in His 'Re' book: Revelation 21 vs 3-5.

I heard a voice thunder from the Throne: "Look! Look! God has moved into the neighborhood, making his home with men and women! They're his people, he's their God. He'll wipe every tear from their eyes. Death is gone for good—tears gone, crying gone, pain gone—all the first order of things gone." The Enthroned continued, "Look! I'm making everything new. Write it all down—each word dependable and accurate."
From The Message

It was a time of revelation for me. Over the following 12 hours, I experienced some amazing and unusual things.

The following morning, I hit the snooze button and had a God encounter. In a dream, God brought me clearly along a road that was going in one direction. All the arrows would only let me go this way and when I reached the end of the road, it turned left towards a dirt path.
I was in the company of a dear friend who was travelling with me.
We reached the end of this path and stood, looking at a large castle which was overshadowed by the sun shining through the trees. The leaves of which were the green that only comes in spring, bright and new.
Looking down, there was a huge inlet of water, like a lough.
The water was still and suddenly, we were standing among others and a large wave came up and soaked us all.
I woke up and found myself asking God what it was about.
He told me He was bringing me and my friend in a certain direction and when we arrived, we would know that we were in the place of great blessing.

I thanked the Lord for this, a dream that lasted mere minutes as I was wide awake 7 minutes after hitting the snooze button!

The Lord then gave me a word for someone in the congregation. I shared it and God Released Healing as a result. Someone who had been ill the previous day was much better.

The morning continued, a dental appointment (made because of a very sensitive tooth)and a meeting for which I needed my camera. I couldn't find it anywhere so I asked God.

"Look upstairs" He replied.
I said OK and followed His instructions. I looked but didn't see it, said so and went to go back down the stairs. My foot was on the second step when the Lord said "I told you to look upstairs!".
I turned around and went back into the room I'd just been in. There was the camera, in the middle of the shelf at eye level. Whether it was there all along or not, I haven't a clue, but I didn't see it the first time I searched.

I went to the Dentists and noticed on the way that even though I'd not mentioned that my tooth was sore, It had stopped hurting. I was poking it and everything at this stage and it was fine. I had only said to the Lord that I needed Him to help me get to the meeting in time, I hadn't even mentioned healing.

The dentist checked out the (previously)sore tooth and said he could see nothing wrong with it.
I thanked the Lord, got out of the dentists early and got to the meeting early.

There are times when we worry, yet God knows what we are going through and tells us not to in Philippians 4v6:

Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.
From The Message

When we yield to Him, He does things for us that we haven't asked and He blesses us in ways we could never have imagined.

6 months ago, God told me He has a shape. It's a shape that will only fit in first place in my life. When God is put first, everything else fits in better.

This is why He said in Matthew 6v33:

But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
From the NASB

This is the verse we've been clinging to during this time of prayer and fasting.

Go on, give it a try, put God first and watch as He adds all these things that He has promised you. He has this amazing ability to never ever disappoint you.



Roger C.

No comments:

Post a Comment