Saturday 3 December 2011

And you too must testify to these things....

The resurrection of Christ changes things permanently and it brings a Joy that cannot be removed by the World's assaults.

Quite often prayer requests come through on "Everyone at Trinity" and often then, we get encouraging responses of-- 'God really does...' --when things go or get answered in a way that pleases us or seems to be in line with what we have asked. But what about those times when God seems to say "NO" or "NOT YET" or "MY WAYS ARE NOT YOUR WAYS" ? Or what if it seems that God is silent? What do we say when we are disappointed in outcomes?

Today in a place of disappointment I share my declarations to our Holy Father:

"God, in every circumstance you are good. You really are a loving God. You are more than enough. Thank you that regardless of "outcomes," in prayer I get to come close to you and exchange thoughts/feelings and experience intimacy of relationship with you. I thank you that you want me at your feet. You want to spend time with me. Time spent with you is never wasted time.

How marvelous! How wonderful is my Saviour's love for me!
I cry out HOLY! HOLY! HOLY! is the Lamb of God who was slain but lives forevermore!
I cannot always change my circumstances, but like Moses, when I 'come into your presence' I am changed.

PEACE that passes understanding--you really do give it!
News of great JOY--I find it in you and in your word; you fill me with Joy in the Spirit.
I will Praise you among the nations--The only Triune God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. EMMANUEL!

I am 'the disciple that Jesus loves' and even in earthly trials I testify to these truths.
To 'Everyone@Trinity', I encourage you in every circumstance, Seek His face. In every outcome, God is Good.


Lois.

No comments:

Post a Comment