Monday 15 April 2013

I Dream Of Margaret Thatcher


I had a strange dream last week where a member of Trinity came up to me and asked me to speak at Margaret Thatcher’s funeral......... Yes you read that correctly. 

In my dream I went on to write my speech and in fact gave it at Ms Thatcher’s funeral, when I woke I laughed the dream off as very odd, but it has stayed with me over the last number of days. 
You see, in my dream God told me what he thought of Margaret Thatcher and that is what I shared at her funeral. Over the next few days after her death it saddened me to see that there were street party’s celebrating her death and in fact a song made it in the charts this weekend “Ding dong, the witch is dead” – I confess I actually had a little laugh at that and yet God keeps reminding me of what he thinks of Margaret Thatcher. 

I am aware of the damage this woman did and the heartache she caused for many families throughout Britain both financially and domestically. While all through this God looked at her with love, she was a mum, a wife, a daughter, a sister, a friend, she had a sense of humour, a caring heart underneath the hardness, and above all else God loved her so much that he gave his only son to die a horrific death to save her (and all of us). 

I had no intention of sharing any of this but I mentioned my mad dream to a friend and he suggested that maybe God wanted me to share it with folk, so I’m doing this in obedience. This blog is not about politics but the simple fact of LOVE. 

We are sons and daughters of the most high God we are called to be Jesus and heaven carriers on earth. We have such a gift and are honoured to have the Holy Spirit living in us and I pray, through us. 
When we speak of one another the bible teaches us in Proverbs 15 v4 (CSB) “The tongue that heals is a tree of life, but a devious tongue breaks the spirit.” 
Psalm 19 v14 (CSB) “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable to you, Lord, my rock and my Redeemer.”

My prayer is that we would honour one another, love one another, accept one another and in that create a culture of honour. I’m not for one minute suggesting we accept bad behaviour but what would it be like to look upon one another as Christ looks at us? 


Clair Breen.

1 comment:

  1. Top class Clair! Hating the sin yet loving the sinner is possible through God's amazing power and grace working in and through us!
    I was reminded of how Ananias was called to pray for a man that wasn't liked by Christians: (Acts Chapter 9)

    10 In Damascus there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called to him in a vision, “Ananias!”

    “Yes, Lord,” he answered.

    11 The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12 In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.”

    13 “Lord,” Ananias answered, “I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your holy people in Jerusalem. 14 And he has come here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on your name.”

    15 But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel. 16 I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.”

    Let's stop looking at people and situations in our mind, strength and wills and ask God to show us how He sees it/them..... (just like Clair did in this post!!!!)

    ReplyDelete